For the convenience of our patients, NENH offers phlebotomy (blood draw) services. The majority of private insurance companies cover laboratory evaluations ordered by Dr. Marinaro and Dr. Hayford (with the exception of Medicare).
New England Naturopathic Health’s standard lab panel includes:
- Complete Blood Count with a differential: assesses for anemia, immune function and inflammation, B vitamin deficiency and clotting ability
- Comprehensive Metabolic Panel: fasting blood sugar, liver function, kidney function, trace mineral and protein levels, assesses for overall nutrition status
- Full Thyroid Panel: includes TSH, Free levels of Thyroxine and Thyronine (T3 and T4); optionally includes Thyroglobulin and Thyroid Peroxidase antibodies if auto-immune dysfunction of the thyroid is suspected
- Vitamin D: quantifies levels of D2, D3 or a combination (depending on lab) and determines sufficiency or insufficiency. It should be noted that Dr. Marinaro’s reference range differs substantially from the conventional reference range, depending on the individual and their health concerns.
- Lipids: either the standard fasting cholesterol and triglyceride panel or the VAP, which goes into detail regarding an individual’s cardiovascular risk according to their subset of lipid particles. Dr. Marinaro will often order this test for those who are concerned about cardiovascular health either due to familial risk or personal history of cardiovascular events.
More specific testing is ordered depending upon patient complaints and risk factors. Other frequently ordered blood tests include:
- Ferritin: to assess the body’s iron stores in anemia or an inflammatory process
- Anti-nuclear antibodies/Rheumatoid Factor: to rule in or out the presence of an auto-immune pathology
- Epstein Barr anti-bodies: to confirm or exclude the diagnosis of Chronic Fatigue Syndrome
- Hs-CRP: a marker for dysfunctional inflammation
- Igenex tick-borne disease testing: for the diagnosis of Lyme and other co-infections